APPLICATION DEADLINES: MAY 1 AND NOVEMBER 1
Note: This is a text limited form, please be concise and use only the space allowed. Save the pdf and the name of your organization in the new file name. Please attach photos, estimates, letters of support, etc., either at the end of this application as a combined pdf, or saved as a separate document.
Bay Area Barns and Trails (BABT) is pleased to announce that after review and research, the Board of Directors selected 5 projects from 4 counties for grant awards totaling $12,935. With these awards BABT continues our mission of preserving and protecting public access to stables and trails in the Bay Area.
- Bear Creek Stables: Drainage system and facility improvements.
- Halleck Creek Ranch: Pasture management and water quality improvements.
- Pine Ridge/Henry Coe State Park: Develop and maintain back county water resources for horses and wildlife.
- Rincon Riders: Drainage and water quality work.
- Tri-Valley Conservancy: Map to connect equestrians, and other users, to trails and parks in the Tri-Valley.
Since 2000 BABT has helped conservation minded equestrians preserve and restore natural areas and wildlife habitat, maintain parks and public open space, equestrian facilities, trails and trailheads by awarding approximately $323,435 in matching funds to thirty-nine land trusts, agencies and/or equestrian organizations. Bay Area Barns and Trails invites equestrians to submit funding requests for stewardship projects which will enhance equestrian trails, stables, pastures, and staging areas located in the San Francisco Bay Area counties. Questions should be made by e-mail to BABT Treasurer, Morris Older or by phone at 925-254-8943, before completing the form.
*$2500 is our maximum standard grant. However, special grants of up to $5,000 may be available for larger projects with matching funds from other sources.